A parent has primary physical custody when he or she has physical custody of the child subject to the district court’s power to award the other parent visitation rights. The focus of primary physical custody is the child’s residence. The party with primary physical custody is the party that has the primary responsibility for maintaining a home for the child and providing for the child’s basic needs. This focus on residency is consistent with NRS 125C.010, which requires that a court, when ordering visitation, specify the “habitual residence” of the child. Thus, the determination of who has primary physical custody revolves around where the child resides.
Because primary physical custody arrangements may encompass a wide array of circumstances, a Las Vegas custody lawyer should be consulted. If a parent has physical custody less than 40 percent of the time, then that parent has visitation rights and the other parent has primary physical custody. Likewise, a primary physical custody arrangement could also encompass a situation where one party has primary physical custody and the other party has limited or no visitation.
In Las Vegas, the Court’s focus in making a custody determination is the best interest of the child. Some of the factors Las Vegas child custody attorneys will have the Court consider in determining the best interest of the child are:
- The wishes of the child if the child is of sufficient age and capacity to form an intelligent preference as to his or her custody;
- Any nomination by a parent or a guardian for the child;
- Which parent is more likely to allow the child to have frequent associations and a continuing relationship with the noncustodial parent;
- The level of conflict between the parents;
- The ability of the parents to cooperate to meet the needs of the child;
- The mental and physical health of the parents;
- The physical, developmental and emotional needs of the child;
- The nature of the relationship of the child with each parent;
- The ability of the child to maintain a relationship with any sibling;
- Any history of parental abuse or neglect of the child or a sibling of the child;
- Whether either parent or any other person seeking custody has engaged in an act of domestic violence against the child, a parent of the child or any other person residing with the child; and
- Whether either parent or any other person seeking custody has committed any act of abduction against the child or any other child.
Las Vegas child custody attorneys are ready to assist you with your child custody issues.
The Law Offices of Louis C. Schneider and Associates’ Family Law Practice is devoted to helping clients with a full range of family law issues. Mr. Schneider has an aggressive staff, operating in the Las Vegas Valley. Even if the problem you are having is not included here, please give an aggressive experienced child custody attorney a call so that we can help you.
Don’t wait. Even a very small problem can become a major matter if it is not handled appropriately and professionally by a family law attorney before it is too late.
Louis C. Schneider is an aggressive child custody attorney in the Las Vegas Valley and will work with you to determine the most appropriate solution for your unique legal situation. During the process, he will protect your financial interests and your parental rights.
Our aggressive child custody attorney handles the full range of family law issues involved in family law cases. If you have any family issue that you think will require a Las Vegas Valley attorney, give us a call. We can provide aggressive representation and a caring and supportive team.
Our aggressive child custody attorney can guide you to the appropriate non-legal help you need, be it counseling or mediation services. Ouraggressive child custody attorney will be by your side through the legal process and inform you of your rights and options. If the issue ultimately leads to legal action, our aggressive child custody attorneywill prepare you for your court date and take on all the legal angles to defend your case. An experienced child custody attorney will gladly answer any questions you have concerning your case.
The information about Las Vegas child custody contained on this page is not intended to be legal advice about Las Vegas child custody. Your Las Vegas child custody matter should always be evaluated by a Las Vegas child custody lawyer. You should treat Las Vegas child custody with the seriousness it requires. Just as you would not likely conduct surgery on yourself, you should not represent yourself in court regarding your Las Vegas child custody matter. At the very least, consult with a Las Vegas child custody lawyer—multiple times if necessary if you insist upon representing yourself.
Don’t get lost in the shuffle with a national law firm. Instead, hire a local child custody attorney who will give your case the personal, caring attention it deserves. We offer flexible payment plans and various payments options. Our experienced child custody attorney is conveniently located in downtown Las Vegas to serve you.